When will I receive my child support after our divorce is final and my ex-husband or ex-wife is paying by wage assignment?

This process takes approximately 3 weeks after the Final Decree, Parenting Plan, and Wage Assignment are signed by the Judge. A State Demographic Sheet will also need to be submitted to the Chancery Court office to begin the process. When those things are complete, we will prepare a Notice of Income Assignment to send to the employer. We will submit the State Demographic Sheet to the State Disbursement Unit in Nashville to set up your case with them. The employer will deduct the child support from the next payroll and send it to the State Disbursement Unit to be sent to you.